Japanese Language

Entry requirement for Japanese language

Most classes in our school are conducted in Japanese. Therefore international students are required to have advanced Japanese language proficiency.

Undergraduate School

To apply to our school, international students should take "the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU)" administered by the Japan Student Services Organization ,as well as the Japanese examination given by the School of Economics.

Cf. EJU - http://www.jasso.go.jp/eju/index_e.html

Graduate School

International applicants for the Graduate School of Economics should have a certificate to proving Japanese ability good enough to study in the graduate school.

Japanese language courses

The School of Economics offers some Japanese language courses for undergraduate students to assist them in their study of academic Japanese.


  • Educational Affairs Section (Gakumu-ka)
    School of Economics & Graduate School of Economics
    University of Hyogo
    8-2-1 Gakuen-Nishimachi ,Nishi-Ku,
    Kobe, 651-2197 Japan
  • Phone :
  • Fax :